Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Self Portraits | SOAR! Photo Exercise #1

The first SOAR! photo assignment was a doozy.  Take two self portraits to document where I am in my journey of life, right now.  One portrait of myself, and one of an object that symbolizes me.  This exercise was meant to have us dig within and do the work to discover what we really feel about this journey we are all on. 

I knew I wanted my portrait to involve a big, wide staircase, because I know this journey is an UPHILL climb.  So, here I am at the bottom, for now (although, you'll notice, not on the VERY bottom!)  I may be just getting started, but I am fired up, and that is honestly how I felt when my husband was taking this picture.  With a determined stance, and looking the camera in the eye, I begin this climb... 


The object portrait is of a bud on a tree, and I must have shot 20 buds on 5 different trees before finding THE ONE, and then took 20 shots of that bud to get it right.  And that's what it takes, right?  This is me right now - fuzzy and green (no, just kidding) - starting to open up and show the world what I'm about. 


Here's to 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment