Sunday, January 10, 2010

Technology Challenge

Today I spent some time with my new friend Lightroom 3 (Beta).  I do not have a previous version of Lightroom.  (Oh, if you don't know, it's a fantastic photo editing software by Adobe).  I'd heard it's a lot easier to learn and use than that scary beast that is PHOTOSHOP.  So when I learned of the free trial Adobe is offering during the beta mode of the new version, I jumped at the chance to give it a try, before plunking down the $$ for it. 

So far, I love it!  I've already been able to "tweak" my photos to get the more polished look I've been wanting.  I know I won't be able to avoid Photoshop forever, but for now, it's definitely lower on the totem pole of things-to-do-for-my-business.  My goal this week, is to spend some time going through some Lightroom tutorials, to get the most out of the free trial.  By spring, I will hopefully have enough amazingly edited photos to prove I deserve the real deal!

Here's one that I played with today.  Before:



And after:

Just some very simple stuff, but I'm a lot happier with the second one...

More on my technology journey later!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Jennifer. I have been using Lightroom since last summer and just completed a course on it. I absolutely love it for editing client photos, etc.
    As a fellow SOAR Sister I am happy to see that you are moving on and taking your business to the next level.

    ReplyDelete